- Regional Chief Accountant
- Administration Officer- Kitui
- Accountant Mwingi
Role title: Regional Chief Accountant
Geography: Based in Kamapala
Reports to: Finance Manager
The role of the Regional Chief Accountant will include day to day management of the funds’ financial and accounting systems needed to support substantial growth over the next five to 10 years.
The Regional Chief Accountant shall build and manage our effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including budgeting, financial and revenue projections, financial, accounting, and internal controls systems
Your activities will include:
Maintaining the financial books and records, composing monthly reporting, driving the annual budgeting, reporting, accounting, audits and tax process;
Preparing weekly Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable Excel Reports for weekly meeting with Excelsior Executives;
Overseeing compliance with Internal Control Policies and Procedures;
Invoicing clients for services;
Reconciliation of Bank Statements and fund’ Accounting Systems;
Developing Financial Management Policies and Procedures;
Developing and managing financial management’s reports and poject budgets, and overseeing the development and management of internal operating budgets;
Processing of staff travel expense reports;
Filing of finance documents in secure and organized manner;
Preparing and monitoring general ledger postings;
Reconciling bank accounts and general ledger accounts;
Processing payments for vendors;
Preparing monthly payroll for Kenya & Uganda Office Staff and remittance of statutory deductions including PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and pension to relevant local authorities;
Qualifications for the Role
We believes that the most important asset lies in the caliber of our people.
It is the qualifications and experience of the people and network that speak to the value that we can offer our stake holders.
In order to assemble the right team, we will focus on several qualifications:
Certified Public Accountant(CPA or ACCA) or a four-year degree in Business, Economics, Management, or Corporate Finance or Accounting.
Advanced knowledge of common accounting and enterprise management systems; US GAAP and IFRS reporting abilities common in the UK, Kenya, Uganda and South Africa – including use of the QuickBooks platform
At least 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting.
Experience should include accounting, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development
Excellent CPS, people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team; proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting; personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment
Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having worked with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment
Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
Experience and familiarity with implementing initiatives in both developing world and emerging markets environments especially in Africa
USD 4580(pm), Housing in Kampala Uganda
Group Life & Medical cover & 21 days annual leave.
R&R of 3days after every 8 weeks.
How to Apply:-
To express interest, please email email@example.com, title the subject as “Regional Chief Accountant” and provide your CV/resume, a one page description of why you are best suited for the role, and three references.
Only applications received through the dedicated email address will be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer application deadline 30/06/2013
Administration Officer- Kitui
We are a Faith based not for profit organization. We believe in our abilities to change lives for the better through activities that reduce poverty in the weak & marginalized believing faith in a higher power. We are seeking to fill the position of Administration Officer-Kitui
This position is critical to the overall performance of the Program at the Kitui duty location.
The selected candidate will supervise administrative functions at the Kitui duty location.
The incumbent will supervise about a dozen organization staff and several contract staff.
The position entails interacting with the Program Management (RM), Finance, Corporate, Administration and Client Support, Human Resources and management teams, and a wide spectrum of sector staff and the external community.
S/he will interact frequently with government or other similar organizations; and provide mentoring and guidance to junior staff.
The responsibilities will include:
• General Office Administration;
• Manage the administrative team;
• Management of administrative procurement contracts and processes;
• Participate in office aesthetics and greenery efforts in liaison with the Facilities Manager and be part of the Facilities Consultancy Group;
• Manage office transportation and transportation policy;
• Management of Events and visiting missions.
The successful candidate will be holder of
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or related field with 3 years’ experience in the Administration/Resource Management area, with at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity acquired in a large international organization or a large national or multinational corporation;
• Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise diverse resources and staff; with high sensitivity to cost effectiveness, excellent cps score,quality and timeliness of delivery;
• Capacity to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues at all levels.
If you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV. letter of interest and letter of recommendation from a professional or academic reference to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted, and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Expected full-time remuneration is Kes 186,000 Per month.
Deadline for submission of applications is 30/06/2013
We are looking for a qualified & motivated person committed with working with the vulnerable in society to fill the position of Accountant based in Mwingi, Eastern Province - Kenya
• Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
• Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
• Analyze Income and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations
• Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
• Assist with financial and Project audits
• Assist with preparing donor reports and corporate reporting requirements
• Assist with quarterly reports; analyzing and correcting discrepancies
• Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
• Other projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES:
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
• Strong understanding of accounting theory
• CPA designation preferred
• 2+ years accounting/finance experience; CPA a plus, but not required
• Experience in the NGO industry preferred
• Highly detail oriented and organized in work
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish
• Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results and excellent cps
Kes 196 500(Gross), Group Life & Medical cover & 21 days annual Leave.
Send Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Accountant –Mwingi on the subject line to be received by 30/06/2013